A domain name is an essential aspect of a company’s Internet identity. It is used in the website address, server address or as an identifier of professional email addresses.
Choose a domain extension
Some of the most popular domain extensions are .com, .net, .org, .africa and similar. The type of domain you choose depends on your use case.
Some domain extensions are listed below:
- .com – great for businesses and businesses
- .net – intended for Internet networks but popular as an alternative where .com is not available
- .org – used by non-profit and non-governmental organizations
- .info – intended for informative websites
- .biz – designed specifically for businesses
- .Africa – intended for any entity that intends to identify with the African continent. Perfect for Ghanaian companies looking to sell beyond Ghana.
All of these domain extensions and hundreds more are available on Web4Africa.
Domain Value Added Services
Other value-added services are usually offered with domain name registration.
- Privacy: When a domain name owner/registrant wishes to hide their contact details from the domain’s public record, this service allows the contact details to be hidden.
- DNS management: this service allows advanced configurations so that a domain name is pointed to several servers or services.
- Domain Transfer: This service comes in handy when a domain owner wants to redirect traffic to another web address. For example, it may be redirected to a social media page.
- Email forwarding: When email accounts are not an option, all email traffic destined for a domain can be forwarded to any email address specified by a domain owner.
The added values listed are available from Web4Africa.
Leading domain name provider in Ghana
Web4Africa manages thousands of domains on behalf of clients across Africa and around the world.
How to buy a domain name in Ghana
Visit Web4Africa.com and use the domain search form to check the availability of your intended name. The first choice should usually be the name of the business or company. The result would present the availability on multiple extensions and allow the user to choose their best option or search again for another name when the first option is not suitable.
The process then allows the buyer to proceed with registration. Residents of Ghana can purchase domains with mobile money including MTN MobileMoney, AirtelTigo Cash and Vodafone Cash in addition to Visa, Mastercard or bank payment.